“ Educating the mind without educating
the heart is no education at all.”
Dear Middlebrook Families,
I hope you had a restful winter break.
Since we have returned from vacation the weather has turned very cold. If there is no precipitation and the temperature is above 25 degrees, students typically go outside for recess. Children must wear coats, when they go outside and hats and gloves are recommended. Children coming to school without proper winter attire will not be permitted to participate in outdoor recess. I thank families for monitoring their children's clothing to make sure they are prepared for colder temperatures and are dressed for outside recess.
The article Keeping Kids Safe in the Cold from the American Academy of Pediatrics http://www2.aap.org/sections/schoolhealth/ECarchivenovember11.html provides you with more information.
Have a wonderful week.
Middlebrook Elementary School
220 Middlebrooks Avenue
Trumbull, CT 06611
8:35 am - 3:20 pm
8:35 am - 1:00 pm
10:05 am - 3:20 pm
8:35 am - 1:00pm
Calendar of Events | View All
- Important reminder to volunteers: Reminder to anyone who volunteers at the school or plans to chaperone a field trip, you must fill out the Volunteer Form located on the Trumbull Public Schools website: www.TrumbullPublicSchools.org
- Start of school reminder: We have had a large number of students coming to school tardy. Please remember that the school day begins at 8:35 AM. When students are late this creates a disruption to the class and to student learning.
- Kindergarten Drop Off Policy: In accordance with district policy, Transportation 3541, Section VI, Bus Stops, we do not allow kindergarten students off the bus in the afternoon unless there is an authorized parent or designee over the age of 12 at the bus stop for the student to go home with. The names of all authorized persons should be sent to the Trumbull Public Schools Manager of Transportation (e-mail: email@example.com, FAX: (203)-452-4334), or by U.S. mail to: Transportation Department, 6254 Main Street, Trumbull, CT 06611). If there is not an authorized parent or designee at the bus stop for your kindergarten student, we will return the student back to the school. Thank you for continued support in helping to ensure the safety of our students.
- Middlebrook School Message regarding traffic flow: The Police Department has requested that when entering or leaving the Middlebrook parking lot cars do not block the EMS driveway. This creates a safety issue for the emergency vehicles. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. (June 2015)
- Immunization Religious Exemption information (Updated 8/21/15)
- Please see the attached Pesticides letter from the Superintendent and Asbestos letter from Mark Deming, Facilities Director. (Updated 8/10/15)
- Letter to Elementary Parents and Staff regarding The Management of Food Allergies at School (Updated Oct 2014)
- The Management of Food Allergies at School (Updated 8/19/14)
- Middlebrook School Guidelines (Updated September 2014)
- ABCs of the Trumbull Education Budget (2013-2014)
- Please read the attached transportation letter from Mrs. Frillici and the Transportation Dept. (August 2014)
Trumbull's Memorial Day Parade
We are starting to plan our school's contingent in Trumbull's Memorial Day Parade.
May 30, 2016
No School - Memorial Day
Funds for Fun! Playground Collection
The Middlebrook PTA needs your help to give all students more places for FUN during recess. To date, the PTA has raised enough money (about $13,000) to buy a playground structure, BUT, we need your help raising an additional $6,000 for its installation. Your support will help us complete the project and have kids playing soon! $20 from each family could get us to our goal sooner! Watch for more details coming home soon! Invest in Middlebrook's children with a $20 (or other monetary donation). All donations are welcome!
Now through June 1
Trumbull Public Schools 2016 Student Art Exhibit at Sacred Heart University
This past Sunday's Opening Reception of the TPS 2016 Student Art Exhibit at Sacred Heart's Art and Design Gallery was a resounding success! The Exhibit runs through Wed., June 1; gallery hours are 10 am to 5 pm Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, and 10 am to 8 pm Wednesday and Thursday. Come and see the wonderful work of over 150 TPS student artists from Kindergarten through Grade 12!
Kindergarten Bus Rides
FRIDAY, JUNE 3
Outdoor Movie Night
OUTDOOR "BREAKFAST FOR DINNER" MOVIE NIGHT: 6:30pm Breakfast; 7:30pm Movie
June 9, 9:00am
Chat with the Principal
Middlebrook Playground Fundraiser, 1-8pm
Join us for an afternoon of fun and show your Middlebrook Pride!
Cost: $15 (1 hour with $3 donated back to Middlebrook); $20 (90 minutes with $5 donated back to Middlebrook); $22 (2 hours with $7 donated back to Middlebrook). All jumpers must have trampoline socks - $2.25 at door
Waivers are required for any jumper under 18. Complete waivers online at trumbull.rockinjump.com
. They are good for a year. The Middlebrook PTA appreciates the participation and support of our Middlebrook Parents and Students. Anyone can support us by jumping that day so spread the word! You do not need a flyer but don't forget to say you are with Middlebrook when checking in!!
June 15, 10am
5th Grade Graduation
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
The last day of school will be Wednesday, June 15. On June 14 and June 15 school will be dismissed early at 1:00. NO LUNCH WILL BE SERVED.
SCHOOL LUNCH YEAR END PROCEDURE: SCHOOL LUNCH DEBIT and MySchoolBucks YEAR END PROCEDURE
All lunch accounts will be transferred to the next school year. Exceptions: High school seniors and students leaving the Trumbull School system ONLY, can request a refund of monies left in their account. Parent/guardian must send a written request for a refund to the Manager of Food Services at your school, to the address above or e-mail to Foodservice@trumbullps.org by Tuesday, June 7, 2016. All refunds will be mailed to your home. Parents of graduating seniors can have their senior student's balance transferred to a sibling if requested in writing. Smart Pay - Parents must also stop MSB Smart Pay and remove their child from MySchoolBucks Program if a refund is due. Refunds will not be returned from a child's account until confirmation is received from the MySchoolBucks Program that the child has been removed. Any questions, please call the Trumbull Food Services Office at 203-452-4500. Request for refunds will NOT be accepted after the June 7, 2016 deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Summer Explorations 2016
Dear Parents, The Trumbull Continuing Education Department takes pride in offering an engaging assortment of top-notch youth summer programs. The 2016 Summer Explorations brochure is filled with a wide variety of programs. Discover our camps in the Summer Explorations 2016 brochure or click on www.trumbullconted.org
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Thursday, October 6, 2016
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
|Long Hill Administration Building|
Outdoor Classroom Update
Thank you, thank you, thank you for attending our meeting yesterday. It was so exciting to have so many of you attend and share your ideas. Here are our notes:
- Repairs- Ruth Fontilla will have them done by Wednesday May 18th
- Picket fence with birdhouses up- Brian Fox will have them up by May 27th
- Rain basin/trellis/raised beds-Jeffrey Penkoff has completed the planter/ trellis??
- Weather station-future Eagle scout?? I will contact this young man today
- EXPLORE letters-Dave Galla will have them completed and up by June 3rd
- Rock wall- Bill Pond , currently working with Mrs. Abate and Mrs. Craw
- Summer volunteer schedule- I will ask Mrs. Mottolese to send that out
- Pulley system
- Rain basin
- Stepping stone/marker/mosaic classroom fundraisers
- Butterfly garden
Would someone consider being our secretary and treasurer?
Parents: please send your ideas and thoughts. If you visit and see something beneficial to our courtyard, please send photos. I especially love hearing the children's ideas. After all, it's all for them.
I promise not to annoyingly email you on a regular basis, however, I wanted to give you the science content for grades K-5 so you know what we are basing projects on and what to keep your eyes out for this summer.
- life cycle of animals and humans
- weather/seasons- animal and human shelters
- metamorphosis/life cycles-butterflies, ladybugs, ants
- plants-seeds to germination/bee pollination
- investigating water
- air and weather
- matter-solids, liquid, gas
- ecosystems, animal and plant adaptations
- the human body
- rocks and minerals
- building bird feeders
- force and Motion/simple machines
- electricity and magnetism
- physics of sound/light
- human eye/ear
- earth, moon, sun, light
- solar houses
Enjoy the end of the school year and happy summer. Thank you so much. Freda Stanton
We will have our next meeting Monday, September 12th at 3:30 in the courtyard.
Support Middlebrook Elementary School - It's Quick and EASY!
PHOTOS: We have set up the webpage where families can upload pictures for the 2016 yearbook. Go to: http://community.lifetouch.com. Register using our school code: KEAYOT Download the instructions.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Also, please note that I have receive NO volunteers for K, 1, 2, and 5th grades. 5th grade is the most important, as it involves collecting baby pictures, quotes, etc. If we want a robust 5th-grade section this year, I'll need someone ASAP.
Have you joined the PTA yet ? Some benefits of PTA membership include getting to vote on PTA matters, continuing to get these PTA emails and getting the PTA directory. And there's much more than that. Also, if you would like to be in our directory, please join by October first. By that point, we will start putting the directory together with the membership that has already joined.